LIST OF SONGS: UFO INSPIRED
1. Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft (The Recognized Anthem Of World Contact Day) - The Carpenters
2. My Flying Saucer - Billy Bragg & Wilco
3. After The Gold Rush - Neil Young
4. Unfunky UFO - Parliament
5. Books About UFOs - Husker Du
6. Waiting For The UFO's - Graham Parker And The Rumour
7. U.F.O.'s Are Real - M.C. 900 Ft. Jesus/DJ Zero
8. Texas Man Abducted by Aliens for Outer Space Joy Ride - Jad Fair & Yo La Tengo
9. U.F.O. Has Landed In The Ghetto - Ry Cooder
10. Spaceship Relationship - Dr. John
11. Barker Of The UFO - The Bee Gees
12. Flying Saucer Dudes - Bela Fleck & The Flecktones
13. Arriving UFO - Yes
14. Ufo - Lonely Kings
15. Spaceship Landing - Kyuss
16. Spaceship - Sean Lennon
17. I Saw Elvis In A U.F.O. - Ray Stevens
18. Wild Signals - John Williams
19. Flyin' Saucers Rock 'N' Roll - Flamin' Groovies
Robert Burke spends much of his time lovingly crafting thematic music playlists at the Rhapsody Radish.
This is a great site
NEW EXCITING ARTIST:
Over the Last two weeks I have come across 3 CD's by a Music artist with an extraordinary ear for production and composition. His name is Jack Urban. As it turns out Jack is not only a fine producer and composer but just happens to be a guy I went to school with in the early seventies. I have not had contact with Jack since 1973, and to come across him and his works 30 some years later is wonderful. My following review is not in anyway Biased by our former relation which actually included several years in a Rock band called "Summit" around the Chicago Area. Jack as of this writing has 3 CD's: 1-"Wellsprings", a collaboration of Jack Urban on Piano and Glauber Ribeiro playing Flute. This first CD is a live, easy instrumentation done without artificial effects. "Wellsprings" is a Raw inspirational driven CD that highlights both the talent of each instrument and the composition.
"Manna" Jack Urbans first solo release, is a solid winner. "Manna" is a blend of Strings, Harps, and melodic reeds embroidered into a backdrop of ambient beauty. Eight tracks of wonderful music including, "Count the Stars" and "Living Water" form to make a inspirational journey through the deeps of your faith and mind.
As Jack himself states, "The music of Manna endeavors to be the kind of music that resonates in an intimate heart. It is music that feeds the soul and lifts the body beyond our everyday self."
"Butterflies In Snow", My personal favorite. Is Jack Urbans latest CD. It begins with a lively cut "Coconuts" and finishes with the Title track. This CD is a wonderful journey that takes you from images of snow white sand and turquoise waters of Malaysia, to Paradoxial Beauty and the wondrous circle of the created creator.
All of these CD's along with sound clips, contact info, and ordering for reasonable prices can be had at www.cdbaby.com: "just enter "jack urban" in the search box"
If easy listening Instrumental music, done with a contemporary flare is for you. I promise you will not be disappointed.
Axl Rose Named Coolest Old Person In Teen Mag Poll — Right After 'Grandparents'
Day One: Music Blog
Well we are off and running. First let me say welcome and I hope you enjoy and will contribute to this blog.
I must say that my tastes run along Country lines, with a interest in Meditation, Electronic, New age type of music. Although I am open for discuss on any style of music.
My first post on music will come tommorrow after I listen to several new CD's I have recieved from a New and exciting Artist in the Easy Listening, Meditative catagory.
See you all soon.